Are you still looking for an idea for a sociable New Year’s Eve dinner? Here is our spermidine-rich delicacy for a circle of friends with vegans, vegetarians and bacon fans. Because there is something for everyone and can be freely combined. Everything is ready and everyone can freshly prepare their own salad wrap! This ensures the perfect finger food for your New Year’s Eve party.
Here, lettuce leaves are used as the „shell“ of the wrap. A bean paste (1-2 tablespoons) forms the basis for every topping in our wraps. We use styrian Scarlet runner beans here, but you can also use other beans, as well as lentils or chickpeas (humus). Everyone can now sprinkle 2-4 toppings on it. We have listed a few suggestions for toppings here, most of them are spermidine-rich. Then fold in the salad wrap from below, left and right and bite into it! Wonderfully fresh, delicious and healthy!
Preparation (for 4 people)
All ingredients can be well prepared and covered in the refrigerator until they are prepared at the table.
It is best to use a salad with single, large leaves. They form the basis of the wraps and have to endure a bit. The „Grazer Krauthäupel“ salad is ideal, for example. But also iceberg lettuce or – if you like it a bit bitter – Raddichio works great.
Peel and wash the lettuce leaves one by one. Then drain well with a salad spinner or in a sieve and wrap it in a damp tea towel store refrigerated until it is needed.
For the Scarlet runner bean paste, mix the beetle beans, white beans, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, oil and pumpkin seed oil in a shredder or a food processor to a fine paste. Then stir in the chopped pumpkin seeds and taste again.
- smoked tofu cut into small cubes, fried in oil and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- halloumi cut into small cubes, fried in oil and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- bacon cut the cubes and fried until crispy.
- smoked trout in pieces.
- mushrooms (e.g. herb mushrooms – very rich in spermidine) cut into bite-sized pieces and fried in a pan with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- pumpkin seeds salted and roast in the pan.
- green celery cut the into slices.
- carrots roughly grate the. (The fresher they are grated, the better.)
- radishes quartered.
- spring onions cut into thin slices.
- lemon cut in slights that are further cut in eighths. Then fry in a little oil.
- caper buds
Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 2 heads of salad
- 400 g Styrian Scarlet runner beans (ready to eat, in a can)
- 400g small white beans
- Half a lemon zest
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 handful of parsley
- 40 ml neutral vegetable oil
- 40 ml Styrian pumpkin seed oil
- 100 g chopped pumpkin seeds
- Salt pepper
- 250 g smoked tofu
- 200 g halloumi
- 200 g bacon (diced small)
- 100 g mushrooms (e.g. herb mushrooms, mushrooms, small crunchy mushrooms)
- 150 g natural pumpkin seeds
- 3 sticks of celery
- 4 medium sized carrots
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 100 g smoked trout fillet
- 1 – 2 spring onions
- 100 g pickled capers
- 1 organic lemon
- Oil for frying
Die wunderschönen Fotos sind mit Steirerkraft enstanden, danke :-)The beautiful photos were created with Steirerkraft, thanks :-)!
We wish you a good start into the new year! Alle the best your Ring sister!
More ideas for toppings (not in the ingredient list)
- smoked salmon cut into pieces.
- soybeans or peas (freeze-dried)
- Nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, smoke almonds. Possibly salted.
- fennel finely chop.
- Broccoli or cauliflower. Cut into bite-size pieces. and fry in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- mango or pineapple chopped into small cubes.
- Liver fried in oil. Season with salt and pepper and cut into slices.
- Mold cheese broken into unjust pieces
- Feta broken into unjust pieces
- cranberry jam
- Apples and pears. Cut into cubes. Soaked once in lemon juice water so that they do not turn brown.
- Beets. Cooked and diced.
- Cress or other seedlings
- Whole grain bread cut into small cubes and fried in oil.