With the onset of spring, our cravings for fresh salads rise again tremendously. A great way to take a salad on the go is the trendy way to layer it in a glass.
There are no limits depending the creativity of ingredients and possibility of arrangement. Of course, our layer salad in the glass is especially spermidine-rich and satisfying.
Chic Spermidine-rich Layer Salad – To Go can be easily prepared the night before and is perfect as a healthy lunch at work!
Ingredients (1 glas à 750 ml):
- 1 medium potatoes – cooked, peeled, sliced
- Bug beans – cooked (about 80 g)
- Chickpeas – cooked (about 80 g)
- Red cabbage finely chopped (about 80 g)
- 1 carrots in slices
- Lentils – cooked (about 80 g)
- Broccoli florets – cooked (about 80 g)
- Mushrooms – fried (about 80 g)
- Fresh lettuce (for example Asia Salad, lamp’s lettuce) (1 handfuls)
- Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds (about 50 g)
- 1 hard-boiled eggs (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
- ½ apple – peeled, pitted, in cubes
- 1 small garlic clove chopped
- Apple Cider Vinegar (50 ml)
- Olive oil (50 ml)
- (Seasoned) Salt
Cook the potato. Take chickpeas, beans and lentils from the tin or cook according to the package instructions. Cook the broccoli florets al dente. Fry the mushrooms in bite-sized pieces in 2 tbsp olive oil. Finely slice or cut red cabbage. Slice carrots. Wash lettuce and drain.
First, cover the bottom of the glass with the potato slices and add 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Then in layers the other ingredients: bug beans, chickpeas, finely chopped red cabbage, sliced carrots, lentils, broccoli, mushrooms, fresh lettuce leaves. Finally, sprinkle with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Who wants it even more satisfying can put a boiled egg on top of it. Close the glass and refrigerate until you eat it. For dressing, take a small glass, add vinegar, oil and seasoned salt, as well as chopped garlic and apple cubes. Close the glass and shake.
Before eating shake the dressing again, pour over the layer salad and enjoy!